Champions League permutations: who can join Juve and Bayern?
Three more clubs could clinch UEFA Champions League round of 16 places with two games to spare on Wednesday after Bayern and Juventus sealed progress: UEFA.com explains the permutations.
Through to round of 16
Bayern München, Juventus
Who can also go through on Wednesday?
Atlético Madrid, Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain
All information in this article is subject to final confirmation from UEFA. These examples may not cover all potential situations
Group A: Paris Saint-Germain (9) v Club Brugge (2), Real Madrid (4) v Galatasaray (1)
- Paris will be through with a win, or with a draw if Galatasaray do not beat Madrid. Paris will be confirmed in first place if they win and the other game is drawn.
Group B: Bayern München (12) 2-0 Olympiacos (1), Crvena zvezda (3) v Tottenham Hotspur (4)
- Bayern are through after today’s win. Bayern will be confirmed in first place if the other match is drawn.
Group C: Atalanta (0) v Manchester City (9), GNK Dinamo (4) v Shakhtar Donetsk (4)
- Man. City will be through with a win, and will be confirmed in first place if they win and the other match is drawn.
Group D: Lokomotiv Moskva (3) 1-2 Juventus (10), Bayer Leverkusen (0) v Atlético Madrid (7)
- Juventus are through after today’s win.
- Atlético will be through with a win thanks to Juve’s victory.
Group E: Liverpool (9) v Napoli (8), Genk (1) v Salzburg (4)
- Genk cannot finish in the top two. Other permutations to follow.
Group F: Barcelona (8) v Borussia Dortmund (7), Slavia Praha (2) v Internazionale Milano (4)
Group G: Zenit (4) v Lyon (7), RB Leipzig (9) v Benfica (3)
Group H: Valencia (7) v Chelsea (7), LOSC Lille (1) v Ajax (7)
Standings are provisional until all matches have been played.