Sources: Lukaku not prepared to force Utd exit
Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku is not prepared to hand in a transfer request to force a move to Inter Milan, sources have told ESPN FC.
Lukaku is open to the possibility of swapping Old Trafford for Inter to link up with boss Antonio Conte because of fears he will be behind Marcus Rashford in the pecking order under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer next season.
Inter are trying to negotiate a deal for the Belgium international with United holding out for a fee of around £80 million.
Lukaku is reluctant to speed up the process by formally asking for a transfer and will join the preseason tour of Australia, Singapore, China and Norway if a deal cannot be agreed.
United are due to face Inter in Singapore on July 20.
United are not actively looking to sell Lukaku and have told Inter it will take a substantial fee before they sanction the move.
The Serie A side have offered players as part of a proposed deal — including Argentina forward Mauro Icardi — but so far any compromise has been rejected.
Lukaku moved to Old Trafford from Everton in 2017 for an initial fee of £75m. That price tag has risen to closer to £90m after a series of add-on clauses were met and United are looking to recoup a substantial amount for a player who still has four years to run on his contract.
The 26-year-old has scored 42 goals in 96 games in two seasons at the club since leaving Goodison Park.
Meanwhile, United are hopeful of making a breakthrough this week in their bid to sign right-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka from Crystal Palace.
The 21-year-old is rated at more than £50m by Palace, who want a large chunk of the money up front rather than in add-ons.
Sources have told ESPN FC that United have had two bids rejected but remain confident a deal will be agreed before the squad fly to Australia for the first leg of their summer tour on July 7.