Hannover vs. Bayern Munich: probable line-ups, match stats and LIVE blog!
Goals: 0-1 Kimmich (2’), 0-2 Alaba (29’), 0-3 Gnabry (53’), 0-4 Lewadowski (64’)
Had it been a boxing match, Bayern would have scored a first-round knockout. The contest was only two minutes old when Kimmich connected with Thomas Müller’s inventive flick, setting the tone with a thunderous 18-yard volley that sailed into the bottom corner. Hannover staggered to their feet as Müller and Robert Lewandowski stung the palms of Michael Esser, before David Alaba landed another lusty blow, arrowing in from Kimmich to put Bayern two goals up at the break.
It got worse for Hannover in the second half as Serge Gnabry powered into the area and swept under Esser at the second time of asking for Bayern’s third. Esser pulled of an exceptional save to deny Müller’s near-post header, but was powerless to prevent Lewandowski glancing in Kimmich’s inviting right-wing cross six minutes later. Bayern played a chastening game of cat and mouse with their prostrate hosts for the remainder, a third successive Bundesliga win long in the bag.
- Bayern have kept successive Bundesliga clean sheets for the first time this season.
- Kimmich scored his first Bundesliga goal since October 2017. He is also Bayern’s leading assist provider in 2018/19 (six).
- Lewandowski has scored 22 goals in as many competitive games this season. With 10 Bundesliga goals already this term, he has now hit double-figures for eight seasons running.
- Alaba scored his first Bundesliga goal since 14 April 2018.
- Gnabry has four goals and two assists in his last seven competitive outings.
- Müller made his 300th Bundesliga appearance.
Hannover: Esser – Felipe (Maina 46’), Anton (c), Wimmer, Ostrzolek – Haraguchi, Walace, Schwegler – Asano (Muslija 63’) – Füllkrug (Elez 73’), Weydandt
Unused subs: Tschauner, Albornoz, Bakalorz, Wood
Out: Hübers, (knee) Prib (knee), Sarenren Bazee (concussion), Hübers, (knee) Prib (knee), Sarenren Bazee (concussion), Bebou (hamstring)
Coach: Andre Breitenreiter
Bayern: Neuer (c) – Kimmich, Süle, Boateng, Alaba (Rafinha 73’) – Thiago, Goretzka – Gnabry, Müller (Wagner 79’), Coman (Sanches 73’) – Lewandowski
Unused subs: Ulreich, Martinez, Boateng, Jeong
Out: James (knee), Robben (thigh), Tolisso (knee)
Coach: Niko Kovac (edited)
Watch: Thiago says Bayern can beat anybody in current form
As it happened